What’s new on Twitter? July 19 update
You may have heard about some Twitter changes recently.
- Twitter’s Trying Out New Icons to Add More Clarity to Reply Streams
The microphone icon highlights the author of the original tweet
The @ symbol is applied to anyone tagged within the original
And the symbol of the person with a tick signifies that this is someone you follow
2. Twitter Rolls Out New Detailed Follower Listings in Notifications
Twitter has announced that it will offer a new format for follower notifications, which will include a larger profile panel within the Notifications tab, and enable you to follow back direct from the alert.
3. Twitter’s Looking to Emphasize Lists with New, Swipeable Custom Feeds
Twitter lists enable users to create custom feeds based on a specific interest – you simply select the users you want on your list, give it a name and this is a great way to filter out the ‘noise’ on Twitter and focus on the tweets you really want to read. So Twitter are currently trialing a new way to make lists more accessible.
Have these changes hit your account yet? Let me know in the comments!
If you’d like to Boost your Business with Twitter, book onto the next workshop!
Get in touch, we can chat and have a virtual coffee! https://onlinemediaworks.typeform.com/to/zseENB
Plus here are 3 ways I can help you boost your social media:
- Sign up for one (or all!) of my free resources: https://onlinemediaworks.vipmembervault.com/
- Join my FREE Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/successfulsocialmediawithesther/
- Sign up for my FREE weekly newsletter for hints and tips and all the updates! https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/n7e0y8
I can’t wait to help you!
Hello! I’m Esther and I work with small businesses to raise their game on social media; by helping you find clarity, by developing skills and the confidence you need to drive your business forward to success.
In 2006 I graduated (as a mature student) from Worcester University with a degree in IT for Education & Training. In autumn 2017 I commenced lecturing in Social Media in the Business School at the University and now have a postgraduate certificate in teaching and learning for higher education.
I’m an expert at demystifying social media and will work with you to develop a plan which raises your profile and wins you business.