8 reasons to use Pinterest in your business
- Pinterest is a visual search engine which could be the perfect place for you to showcase your brand and business to an engaged, niche marketplace that’s ready to spend; Pinterest is a great information resource for users planning to make a purchase.
2. Pinterest found that 93% of Pinners use Pinterest to plan purchases. Their research also shows that it drives 3.8 times more sales than other platforms and 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
3. In the UK there are over 9m Pinterest users. According to the October 21 Hootsuite research they are predominantly female and over half of the users are aged between 25 and 54. Yet over half of the new users to Pinterest are men, particularly new dads and dads-to-be.
4. Every idea on Pinterest is represented by a Pin, which is an image or video that can be searched and saved by Pinterest users. Google also indexes Pins, too. Pins can also link back to websites, which is why the platform is perfect for driving traffic and sales.
5. The lifespan of a Pin is over four months, which is much longer than any other social media channel.
6. In 2021 8/10 predictions that Pinterest made came true! So, in 2022 they are predicting new trends in hair and beauty, celebrations, fashion, interiors, well-being, cars, pets, finance, parenting, hobbies, pets, travel and more. Download the report here.
7. It’s worth noting that Pinterest isn’t just for B2C companies. Pinterest isn’t just about ‘buy our stuff’ messaging, but Pins can educate your target market to make them better consumers and you can provide the sort of information that they need to make informed choices and purchasing decisions. Almost all of the leading B2B companies, such as IBM, Marketo, HubSpot, and Microsoft all have robust Pinterest strategies.
8. You don’t need to create new content for Pinterest either, I’m sure you already have a library full of marketing content that can easily be repurposed for the platform.
If you’d like to learn more about how Pinterest can work in your business, I’d love you to attend my workshop on Wednesday 23rd February at 2pm. Together we’ll explore my tried and tested 4 step plan to increase your reach on Pinterest:-
- The best way to set up your profile
- The best things to post
- The best ways to increase engagement
- The best use of the analytics to measure success
The workshop is not death by Powerpoint, it’s a fast paced, interactive hour-long session with participation, live on Zoom. Come with all your questions to be answered!
You’ll also receive a downloadable Quick Start Guide with top tips, cheatsheets and checklists. For a limited time (until 14th February) the workshop is on sale for £32.50 instead of £65. So don’t miss out, as spaces are limited, book your spot now.
Don’t take my word for it, read what Pauline said after she attended my training: –
Or if you’d prefer to work with me one to one, book a Power Hour at a time to suit you and we can get to grips with your Pinterest Strategy. Go to https://onlinemediaworks.co.uk/workshops/power-hour/
I’m Esther and my mission is to help business owners who didn’t grow up with smartphones become experts at managing their social media and win more business.
Right platform, right way, right time, right tools.
I teach social media, ecommerce and marketing/entrepreneurship at two UK universities.
When speaking with businesses one of the biggest headaches is what to post on social media consistently, so I’m here to help! Please get in touch